GPDP Team at COTHM Dubai is very excited to announce the launch of the GPDP Webinar System. This is in continuation of our vision of enhancing the learning experience of our students using modern engagement and coaching techniques by bridging the gap among students and industry professionals. We intend to develop multiple types of engagements and interactions that directly impact the academic and professional lives of attendees.
Webinars are going to be another remarkable resource of our Global Professional Development Program (GPDP). Webinars will connect us globally with students of hospitality schools and professionals of the hospitality industry, allowing us to reach our learners on a more personal level, and enable us to share invaluable information.
What Exactly Is a Webinar?
A webinar is a live, web-based video conference that uses the internet to connect the individual (or multiple individuals) hosting the webinar to an audience of viewers and listeners from all over the world. Hosts can show themselves speaking, switch to their computer screens for slideshows or demonstrations and even invite guests from other locations to co-host the webinar with them Webinar platforms also offer interactive features that the audience can use to ask questions and chat with host. Webinars include Q&A sessions at the end to answer viewers' questions about the content from the presentation.
GPDP Webinar System Features
Here are just some of the things that webinars have to offer.
- | Display slides: GPDP host can display a slideshow presentation using MS PowerPoint or Apple’s Keynote, just like you would in a regular classroom, meeting room or lecture hall.
- | Stream video: GPDP host can show a video either stored on their computer or found online, such as on YouTube.
- | Talk to an audience: Webinars use VoIP to make real-time audio communication possible.
- | Record everything: Webinars often provide an option for the host to record their entire presentation — including all visuals and audio.
- | Edit: The host can often use their mouse to create annotations, highlight things or create markings on the screen.
- | Chat: The host can open up a chat box to text chat with the audience, which is especially helpful for audience members wanting to ask questions.
- | Conduct surveys and polls: GPDP webinar system offer the ability to create polls given to audience members for quizzes or survey purposes.
In this video you will learn how to join and attend upcoming GPDP webinars.
Employability Skills | The Game Changer for your Career.
Stay tuned we will soon be announcing dates for the first GPDP Online Webinar. The first topic picked up by our team is Employability Skills | The Game Changer for your Career.